The tipped HTC Obsession Windows Mobile 7 smartphone could end up as the HTC Touch Diamond3, sequel to the Diamond2. According to WMPoweruser’s tipster, the Obsession/Diamond3 will have a 3.7-inch AMOLED display using a multitouch-capable capacitive touchscreen, run a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor (like the HTC HD2) and have a 5-megapixel autofocus camera capable of 720p HD 25fps video.
The Diamond3 will apparently be released on AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA, though contrary to previous launches there’ll be no CDMA version. That’s supposedly the end-result of mediocre sales of earlier CDMA versions on Verizon and Sprint.
Initial release expectations were as early as June 2010, but Windows Mobile 7’s delayed release means the Diamond3 is unlikely to make an appearance until Q4 2010 at the earliest. Full (rumored) specifications below.
- CPU: Qualcomm QSD8250; 1GHz
- GSM HSDPA
- Device Size: 112 x 56 x 11.7 mm
- Memory (RAM/ROM): 512MB/512MB
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Screen Size/Type: 3.7-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported”
- Camera: 5.0 Megapixel AF with flash; HD 720p video@ 25fps
- Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
- Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3 (.mp3)
- Battery: Removable 1230 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 10 hours
- Standby Time: 240 hours
- Internet Use: 6 hours (3G), 7.5 hours (WiFi)
- Video Playback: 7 hours
- Audio Playback: 24 hours