If your tastes lean more toward gaming laptops than ultraportables, Toshiba may still have the machine for you today. The Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q708 is the latest from the company’s gaming range, complete with a 17-inch widescreen display, Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 quad-core processor, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and both a 128GB SSD and 320GB 7,200rpm SATA hard-drive. It also offers NVIDIA’s new GeForce 9400M chipset with Hybrid SLI, as seen in the latest Apple MacBooks.
Of course, Toshiba aren’t leaving you with just the 9400M – the Qosmio X305 also has dual NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics cards with SLI technology and a combined 1GB of GDDR3 RAM. Outputs include both HDMI and DisplayPort, for 1080p and 2560 x 1600 respectively, while there’s also four Harman Kardon speakers plus an integrated subwoofer.
Connectivity includes WiFi b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, while the USB 2.0 ports support Sleep-and-Charge for powering portable gadgets even when the X305 is switched off. It also has a full-sized keyboard and separate numeric pad. On sale now, the Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q708 gaming laptop is priced at a whopping $4,199.99.
TOSHIBA RELEASES ITS PREMIUM GAMING LAPTOP
New System Pushes PC Gaming to the Extreme by Combining NVIDIA SLI Technology, an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor and a Solid State Hard Drive
IRVINE, Calif., (Oct. 21, 2008) – Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD),
a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today released the Qosmio® X305-Q708 laptop, the latest iteration from its flagship gaming line. With a stunning 17-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite® display and the latest technology advancements from NVIDIA and Intel, the Qosmio X305-Q708 is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance to gamers and multimedia enthusiasts.
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is Toshiba’s most powerful gaming laptop to date. Powered by an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme quad-core processor1 and Dual GPU NVIDIA technology, the Qosmio X305-Q708 is able to slice through the latest graphic-intensive games at high speeds and screen resolutions.
Providing optimal performance, the Intel Core 2 Quad processors1 are designed upon the latest 45nm Intel technology for a quicker, cooler mobile gaming experience. Incorporating four processing cores, the Intel processor delivers greater efficiencies for the most demanding games. Additionally, the inclusion of dual NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS GPUs with NVIDIA SLi® technology, as well as 1GB of DDR3 discrete graphics2 memory, is able deliver an uncompromising gaming experience with blazing-fast frame rates and high-intensity visuals to gamers on-the-go.
“The key to a laptop’s gaming prowess is unlocked with the graphics technology that it employs,” said Rene Haas, general manager of the mobile business unit at NVIDIA. “Through our powerful GeForce 9800M GTS GPU, the Qosmio X305 has the power to take mobile gaming to new heights, and offer Toshiba customers a truly compelling visual computing experience on the go.”
To raise the performance bar even further, Toshiba has integrated the latest solid state storage technology into the Qosmio X305-Q708. The 128GB3 primary drive consists of NAND flash memory which delivers faster access times and data transfer rates. Paired with a 7200rpm secondary 320GB hard disc drive3, the solid state drive will take gaming performance to the next level.
“At Toshiba we relentlessly pursue innovative solutions as a means to supply our consumers with the best possible technology,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The Qosmio X305-Q708 is a serious gaming machine, and an example of that pursuit.”
The Qosmio X305-Q708 features Toshiba’s trademark “fiery” Fusion™ finish with Rogue design. Other key features include:
· 4GB of DDR3 RAM4 (1066MHz), which nearly doubles the speed of standard DDR2 RAM (667MHz) for quicker boot times and multitasking.
· Full-size keyboard with 10-key pad for greater comfort and proficiency.
· Four Harman Kardon® stereo speakers with built-in subwoofer for a rich and cinematic gaming experience.
· HDMI and DisplayPort connectors to multiply your viewing experience. A superior alternative to VGA and DVI, DisplayPort flat-panel displays in a resolution up to 2560×1600, while HDMI extends full 1080p support to HD displays.
· A built-in 1.3 mega-pixel Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition for convenient communication and security.
· Wireless USB and USB Sleep-and-Charge5
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is now available for purchase directly from Toshiba at www.toshibadirect.com, additionally a variation model of the Qosmio X305 is available at a variety of major consumer electronic and computer stores nationwide for an MSRP of $4,199.996. Detailed product information about the Qosmio X305 family of gaming laptops is available atwww.explore.toshiba.com/X305.
The Qosmio X305-Q708 is available in the following configuration:
Qosmio X305-Q708 Unique Specifications (MRSP $4,199.996)
· OS selection at first boot:
o Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate (SP1, 64-bit7 version) (default)
o Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate (SP1, 32-bit version)
· Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme Processor1 QX9300
· 4096MB PC3 8500 DDR3 SDRAM3
· 128GB Serial ATA SSD3
· 320GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA HDD3
· DVD SuperMulti (+/- double layer) drive with Labelflash™ supporting 11 formats
· NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400M chipset with NVIDIA Hybrid SLI® technology
· Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS graphics with NVIDIA® SLI® technology 512MBx2, GDDR3 discrete graphics2 memory
· Atheros® 802.11 b/g/n wireless-LAN8
· Bluetooth® version 2.1 + EDR
· One-year warranty9