The Galaxy Note 7 iteration you’d been hoping you’d see is here – or at least appears very much to be here. This is what we can only assume is the flat version of the Galaxy Note 7, the standard version. The version of the device that makes more sense for the general public than the Edge version. Both the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and the Galaxy Note 7 Edge will very likely be popping up on the 2nd of August in full color – and with edge-like sides either on the front, the back, or both.
When tips came in suggesting there was a possibility that the Galaxy Note 7 (then still called Galaxy Note 6) might only come in one flavor, there was chaos. Massive backlash came in the form of Twitter comments and Facebook comments and comments aplenty. Whether or not these users would end up purchasing a non-flat Note in the end, we do not know – and we might never know now that we’re seeing the flatter possibilities.
The image you see above (and below) comes from tipster “The Malignant” who generally speaks about HTC smartphones. Here he’s got what seems to be a prototype of the Galaxy Note 7 in all its 6-inch display glory.
That’s not a standard “Galaxy S7 Plus” – as it could be, but probably isn’t.
It’s also certainly not a Galaxy Note Edge of any sort.
The edges aren’t curved.
One thing we’re curious about is the S Pen, which does seem to look rather like the S Pen we saw with the Galaxy Note 5 – but that’s not to say it’s not from the next generation. Samsung could just as easily be using a design that’s basically the same as the last release, just changing the technology in a minor way.
This device looks strikingly similar to another flat-screened Note 7 we saw back on July 20th.
• Display: 6-inch QHD (2K, 2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED
• Camera: 12 MP, dual pixel, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, 1/2.6″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR
• FF Camera: Dual-pixel 5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, dual video call, Auto HDR
• Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
• Storage Expansion: microSD for 128GB card
• Environmental Resistance: IP68 resistance to dust, wind, water
• Colors: Available in Black, Silver, Blue
• Special Features: Iris scanner
• Reveal Date: August 2nd, 2016
• Release Date: August 15th, 2016 (carrier dependent)
Above you’ll see a set of specifications that are likely. These specifications come from tips, anonymous sources, and informed guesses. Do not put any big money on a final set of specifications at this point – nothing is official!
For more information on the Galaxy Note 7 Edge, have a peek at our most recent Galaxy Note 7 image collection leak with a huge heaping of details.
Have a peek at the timeline below for more information on the Galaxy Note 7 and friends. We’ll be bringing you all the action on the 2nd of August, 2016, when the Galaxy Note 7 and other devices (more than likely) are revealed in full.