Lenovo has finally delivered on the ThinkPad X200t Tablet PC, after months of speculation and rumor. It’s also brought along a friend, in the shape of the X200s, a lightweight business version of the existing ThinkPad X200. CPU options range from a 1.2GHz SU9300 Core 2 Duo up to a 1.86GHz SL9400, while up to 4GB of RAM can be specified together with a 128GB Samsung SSD. Connectivity options include WWAN, WiMAX and UWB, together with GPS
Graphics for both machines are Intel’s integrated GMA 4500MHD, and there’s a new dual-direction swivel hinge on the X200, an LED backlit 1,280 x 800 screen and a fettled Wacom digitizer with reduced touch pressure. Opt for the 8-cell battery and Lenovo are claiming a 50-percent battery life improvement over the last-gen X61t Tablet PC: up to 10.5hrs on the X200t, while the X200s manages 13.2hrs.
A new Ultrabase expansion slice has also been unveiled, compatible with any X200-series notebook, with space for an optical drive (Blu-ray or DVD) or a second hard-drive. It will also charge a second battery.
The official announcement of the new models will happen on Tuesday, September 23rd. The ThinkPad X200s notebook starts at $2,242 and the ThinkPad X200 Tablet starts at $2,323; they’ll go on sale next week, with shipping apparently starting October 10th.
- Processors: 1.86 SL9400, 1.6 SL9300, 1.2 SU9300
- Storage: 80, 160, 250, 320 gb 5400 rpm; 200 gb 7200 rpm, 64 / 128 gb SSD (Samsung)
- Memory: up to 4 GB DDR3
- WLAN: Intel 5100, 5300, WiMax / WiFi 5350, and UWB support
- WWAN and GPS
- Security: Fingerprint reader
- Ports: 3 USB, VGA, Mic / Headphone, choice of 5-1 media card reader with modem or 3-1 media card reader and no modem, express card slot, 1.3 mp web cam
- Weight: 4 cell: 3.5 lbs, 8 cell: 3.88 lbs
- 3 Display options: 12.1” Wide View Standard WXGA; 12.1” WideView SuperBright LED backlight WXGA (285 nits); 12.1” WideView Multi-Touch + MultiView LED backlight WXGA panel supporting digitizer pen and single touch.
- Graphics: Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD
GottaBeMobile video review: