The last batch of Coolpix to join Nikon’s 2009 digicams’ releases are company’s stylish and slim-line S-series lineup. They are much advance and packed with high-end features you don’t get it from the budget L-series. All the cameras, namely the S630, S620, S220 and S230 include the basic Nikon’s Smart Portrait System, Nikkor Optics, 4-Way VR Image Stabilization, motion captures up to VGA size, and Scene Auto Selector; and each has it own unique feature targeting different audiences. Additionally, unlike the L-series and P90, the S series are finished in a variety of colors.
First up is Coolpix S630 with a 12-megapixel, 7X optical zoom camera with 35mm equivalent distance of 37-260mm and a 2.7-inch LCD. It features a “Sure Grip” design that fits comfortably in your hands, boasts high ISO sensitivity of up 6400 and offers high speed Sport Continue Mode of 20 consecutive captures at 11fps. The smaller sibling S620 has the same 12-megapixel sensor and 2.7-inch LCD but a shorter 4x optical zoom camera with 35mm equivalent distance of 37-112mm. The S620 is said to have an ultra fast start-up time of just 0.7 second.
Next up in this series is a 10 megapixel digicam with a touch-screen feature, The S230 packs a 3-inch high resolution LCD touch panel with anti-reflection coating to assist daylight viewing at challenging angles. Optics offer 3x modulate optical zoom lens with ranges of 35-105mm (35mm equiv.).
Last, but not least is the least expensive and thinnest S series Coolpix with 10-megapixel. The S220, likes its bigger sibling, shares the same optics, but has a smaller 2.5-inch non-touchscreen panel, and measures only at a mere 0.7-inch in thickness.
MELVILLE, NY (Feb. 2, 2009) – Sleek design, and innovative technology come together in Nikon’s new Style Series cameras, giving consumers a variety of options to find a camera that reflects their tastes, style and expertise. With the S630, users get incredible zoom capabilities in a pocket-sized camera. Not only do the new cameras provide consumers with choice, they leverage proven Nikon technologies to take the guess work out of photography and help ensure every picture is a beautiful picture. In addition to the S630, Nikon also introduced the new S620 and the S220.
“Our new COOLPIX S-Series cameras combine a series of standard features that enhance consumers’ picture taking experience, with unique elements that reflect their individuality,” said Bill Giordano, General Manager Marketing, COOLPIX for Nikon Inc. “When consumers pull one of the new S-Series camera from their bag or pocket, the camera looks as great as the pictures they take.”
All S-Series cameras incorporate Nikon’s world-class NIKKOR lenses, which deliver extremely accurate and high-speed focusing, and Nikon’s EXPEEDTM digital image processing concept, which ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. The S-Series cameras also include elements of the enhanced Smart Portrait System, which assists in getting smiling subjects free of red-eye and blinking; 4-Way Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization, resulting in blur-free pictures, even in low light or unsteady conditions; and Scene Auto Selector, which automatically recognizes the scene in your camera and adjusts the camera settings.
Specific camera features include:
* S630: Pocket-sized camera with Sure Grip design and 7x Optical Zoom; 12 megapixels; 2.7-inch LCD with anti-reflection coating; Sport Continuous Mode for up to 11 fps; Scene Auto Selector; Smart Portrait System (Smile Mode, Blink Proof, In-Camera Red-Eye FixTM, Enhanced Face-Priority AF); 4-Way VR Image Stabilization (Optical VR by CCD shift, Motion Detection, High ISO up to 6400, Best Shot Selector); Available in five colors: Jet Black, Royal Purple, Midnight Blue, Ruby Red and Titanium Silver.
* S620: 4x-wide Optical Zoom; 12.2 megapixels; Incredibly quick start-up time of 0.7 seconds; Subject Tracking; 2.7-inch LCD with anti-reflection coating and wide viewing angle; Scene Auto Selector; Smart Portrait System (Smile Mode, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Enhanced Face-Priority AF, D-Lighting); 4-Way VR Image Stabilization (Optical VR by lens shift, Motion Detection, High ISO up to 6400 at FULL resolution, Best Shot Selector); Available in five colors: Noble Purple, Jet Black, Dusty Pink, Sky Blue and Rich Pearl.
* S220: Slim body design (less than 0.7-inches) with 2.5-inch LCD; 10 megapixels; 3x Optical Zoom; Scene Auto Selector; Smart Portrait System (Smile Mode, Blink Proof, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Enhanced Face-Priority AF, D-Lighting); 4-Way VR Image Stabilization (Electronic VR, Motion Detection, High ISO up to 2000, Best Shot Selector); Available in six colors: Plum, Graphite Black, Cobalt Blue, Aqua Green, Magenta and Warm Silver.
The new COOLPIX S-Series cameras will be available nationwide February 2009. The S630 will retail for $279.95; the S620 will retail for $269.95; and S220 will retail for $149.95. In addition to these three cameras, Nikon also introduced the new S230, which boasts Nikon’s Touch Screen technology (for more information, please see press release, “NIKON UNVEILS NEW S230 TOUCH SCREEN DIGITAL CAMERA,” Feb. 2, 2009).
ELVILLE, NY (February 2, 2009) – Hot on the heels of the successful COOLPIX S60 camera, Nikon today introduced the new S230, which incorporates Nikon’s innovative touch screen LCD, offering the cutting-edge of elegant design and intuitive operation. The S230 combines a 3.0-inch high-resolution touch panel LCD design with a new graphic interface that lets users switch modes, view and edit images and change camera settings with the touch of the screen.
“Touch technology is one of the hottest things in consumer electronics today and our new S230 is no different,” said Bill Giordano, General Manager Marketing, COOLPIX for Nikon Inc. “With the S230, our touch screen brings a new level of sophistication and interaction to consumers, by putting the power of the camera right at their fingertips.”
Touch controls also give users a fun, creative way to do more with their pictures. The camera comes equipped with a stylus that brings an element of personalization and expression. With the Draw Function, users can write or draw on their pictures. The S230 also has the Paint Function, which enables users to add fun frames and stamps to their pictures. The camera saves the images as copies, so the user always has access to the original picture.
In addition to the Touch Screen LCD, the S230 includes several innovative features introduced across the entire COOLPIX line. The S230 incorporates Nikon’s world-class NIKKOR lenses, which deliver extremely accurate and high-speed focusing, and Nikon’s EXPEEDTM digital image processing concept, which ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness.
The S230 camera also includes new shooting modes, which Nikon has seamlessly integrated into the camera’s interface. These include:
* Scene Auto Selector, which automatically recognizes the scene in your camera and adjusts the camera settings:
o The camera will select between six common scene modes: Close-up, Portrait, Landscape, Backlight, Night Portrait, and Night Landscape.
* Smart Portrait System, which integrates the following to make it a snap to capture stunning portrait photos of friends and family:
o In-Camera Red-Eye FixTM, which automatically fixes most instances of red-eye.
o Enhanced Face-Priority AF, which can detect up to 12 faces from a variety of angles, including straight on, from the side, or even in a multitude of three-quarter positions.
o Smile Mode, which automatically detects when your subject smiles and releases the shutter.
o Blink Proof, which automatically takes two shots and saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are open.
* 4-Way Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization, which helps enable blur-free pictures, even in low light or unsteady conditions with the following features:
o Electronic VR, which compensates for camera shake within the image processing, which minimizes blurriness in photos and helps ensure crisp, clear images.
o Motion Detection, which automatically sets a faster shutter speed and higher ISO if the camera detects movement from camera shake or if the subject moves.
o ISO 2000 Capability, which makes it easy to take sharper, more natural-looking photos in lower light conditions.
o Best Shot Selector (BSS), which takes a maximum of 10 sequential shots while the shutter button is pressed, and saves the sharpest image, making sure photos are crisp, clear, and detailed.
The new S230 camera will be available nationwide beginning February 2009 and will retail for $229.95. The camera will be available in five colors: Plum, Jet Black, Night Blue, Gloss Red and Warm Silver. The new S230 is one of four new S-series cameras introduced by Nikon today. Other cameras include the S630, S620 and the S220 (for more information, please see press release, “NIKON UNVEILS S630 NEW POCKET-SIZED 7X ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA,” Feb. 2, 2009)