Speaker-docks for Apple’s iPod range are big business, but users are expecting more than just music out of their audio accessories, they want video too. Logic3’s i-Station 25 and i-Station Rotate both offer audio playback, but also tackle video playback too, though in slightly different ways. The 25 takes a simple approach, rocking onto its side for widescreen video from your iPod touch or iPhone; meanwhile the Rotate is more advanced, with a swivelling cradle section that rotates 90-degrees.
Full specifications and Unboxing Video after the cut
In each of the boxes, there’s the speaker-dock itself, an IR remote control with button-battery, a 3.5mm stereo audio cable to plug in a non-Apple PMP or other gadget, an AC adapter and regional power plug modules. The i-Station Rotate also comes with various dock adapters.
Each also has a video-out socket, so you can hook up a TV or other monitor. We’ll have the full review of both Logic3 speaker-docks soon, but until then enjoy the unboxing video!
Logic3 i-Station 25 specifications:
Watch music videos, movies & podcasts in portrait or landscape mode
Accelerometers to ensure correct L & R sound output when the i-Station is placed on its side.
High performance speaker system for iPhone & iPod.
Watts RMS power output ( 2 x 4W per channel )
Composite Video Output for connecting to TV
Remote Control to operate Speaker & simple functions of iPod.
Operates using an AC Adaptor (Included) or 4 x AA Batteries
Stereo Line-in Cable for playing other audio devices including iPod shuffle, MP3, or CD players.
Volume level display on iPhone / iPod screen & low battery indicator system.
Dimension (H x W x D) 154mm x 170mm x 125mm
Logic3 i-Station Rotate specifications:
- Rotating Dock Mechanism to allow Videos to be played on iPhone, iPod touch or iPod nano 4G
- Provides charging for iPhone/iPod
- TDMA noise suppression technology to remove static when your iPhone rings or when surfing the web
- Video Out function for all iPod and iPhone, meaning video’s can be displayed directly on your TV
- Remote control with iPhone/iPod Menu navigation
- 10W Audio output power (5W + 5W RMS) and Class D Amplifier for superb sound quality at high volume
- Speaker drivers: 1 x 50mm Mid range driver + 1 x 22mm tweeter driver for each Channel
- Low Battery Power Indicator System
- Volume Level Display on iPhone/iPod
- Power Saving Sleep Mode
- 3.5mm Stereo Line-in for playing other audio devices including iPod shuffle, MP3, or CD players.
- Freq Response: 200Hz – 20KHz
- Operates using an AC Adaptor (Included) or 4 x AA Batteries
- A carry case for safe storage
- Unit size : 315 (W) x 55 (D) x 120 (H) mm