It’s taken them a long, long time, but Sony Ericsson is finally ready to push out the Android 2.1 Eclair update for the XPERIA X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro. According to the company’s official blog, the Nordic countries will get Eclair first, with the first OTA notifications going out in the evening on Sunday, October 31. Availability will spread throughout November 2010, so not everybody will get it at the same time.
Because of the size of the update, it won’t be delivered as an OTA upgrade but instead installed via the Sony Ericsson PC Companion app. Instructions will pop up on the smartphone when the update is ready. As well as Android 2.1, the XPERIA X10 will also get 720p HD video recording; full details on the changes in the lists below.
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
• Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
• New backup and restore application with extended content back up
• Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
• Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
[via Android Community]