Tetris Online announced their Tetris Party game today, which is the latest official Tetris game and now available from WiiWare. Tetris Party has multiple game modes and makes playing with your family and friends fun and easy.
With 18 modes of play and 10 different Tetris variations never seen before, players will get a well-rounded experience with this game. It also utilizes the Wii Remote and Wii Balance Board for some unique game play capabilities. In fact, the latter can be used to “control the Tetriminos to play Tetris in three different Balance Board modes: Marathon, Ultra and Computer Battle.”
Check out the various single player and multiplayer modes below. One thing is for certain: you have plenty of options. You can purchase Tetris Party now from the Wii Shop Channel for 1200 Wii Points.
Tetris Party Single Player Modes
- Marathon – The traditional game of Tetris. Here, the player competes purely for points across 15 levels of play, or turn on ENDLESS for the ultimate Tetris survival mode.
- Computer Battle – Challenge the computer to hone your Tetris skills. Adjust the difficulty settings to your personal preference, featuring 15 levels of difficulty in total.
- Field Climber – New! Using the Tetriminos, the player helps the “climber” reach the goal located at the top of the Matrix. The climber is able to climb one row at a time and checkpoints are located along the way as you advance through the levels.
- Shadow – New! Using the Tetriminos, the player must match the silhouette in the Matrix. There are 30 unique and challenging puzzles to solve for the best completion percentage in the shortest time.
- Stage Racer – New! The player must race a single Tetrimino through beginner and advance courses for the fastest time.
- Beginner’s Tetris – New! The perfect mode for players who haven’t mastered Tetris in the past and would like to start out at a lighter pace. In this variant, the Tetriminos are larger, less intimidating and simply fun for all ages.
- Wii Balance Board Tetris – New! Use the Wii Balance Board to control the Tetriminos to play Tetris. There are three different Balance Board modes including Marathon, Ultra, and Computer Battle.
Tetris Party Multiplayer Modes
- VS Battle – A traditional multiplayer game of Tetris featuring 10 special items that take advantage of the Wii Remote.
- VS Field Climber – New! Play against other players to see who can guide his or her climber to the goal first.
- VS Hot Lines – A popular rendition of Tetris where the goal is to clear the Hot Lines first (marked by glowing green areas in the Matrix).
- VS Shadow – New! Play against other players to see who can complete each puzzle first.
- VS Stage Racer – New! Race against other players to see who can complete each course first.
- Co-op Tetris – New! Two players share an extra-wide Matrix in a Marathon-style game. Clear communication and complete cooperation is key to success!
- Duel Spaces – New! Two players duel in an extra-wide Matrix to capture more space. This unique mode is a turn-based game, allowing users to strategize each move.
- Online Battle – Go online via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to take on your friends using the Friend Battle mode, or take on the rest of the world using the World Battle mode. Players can locate other players, establish friend rooms, and compete with up to six players simultaneously.