Sony has just announced the winners of the online poll that allowed gamers to choose which downloadable PS3 and PSP games were the cream of the crop over the last 12 months. The winning titles will be available at a 30% discount to all PlayStation Network members, or 50% to those with PlayStation Plus.
“We had an incredible turnout during the voting period this year, which made for an intense competition. Things got so heated, in fact, that the battle for Best PS Move Game literally came down to the last day between Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. But only one could come out with top honors,” Sony noted in an official blog post.
The complete list of winners is as follows:
* Best PSN Exclusive: inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (PS3)
* Best PSN Game: Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
* Best PSN Game Playable Online: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)
* Best PS3 Full Game: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)
* Best PlayStation Move Game: Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (PS3)
* Best 3D Game: God of War: Origins Collection (PS3)
* Best PlayStation Classic: Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP)
* Best Mini Game: Angry Birds (PS3/PSP)
* Best PSP Game: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
* PlayStation Community Award – Best Indie: LIMBO (PS3)
The 30%/50% discount is valid for an entire week, which amounts to big savings for some of these titles, like Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. This voting contest is largely just a chance for Sony to pimp out its downloadable gaming platform, but as long as it comes with a user-friendly discount, we’ll take it.
[via PlayStation Blog]