Today we’re looking at a number of Gen 5 Pokemon added to Pokemon GO from the Unova region. The Pokemon GO update schedule suggests that we’ll be able to find a set of Pokemon in the wild and in Pokemon eggs starting this week. They include Pokemon from the Unova region, originally from the games Pokemon Black and Pokemon White.
Users can now find Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Joltik, Karrablast, and Shelmet in the wild in Pokemon GO. Because of this, we’ve also now got access to the evolved forms of these Pokemon, like Galvantula, Escavalier, and Accelgor.*
And wait, you hardcore Pokemon players might be saying, how might I get Accelgor or Escavalier if Pokemon GO if I can’t “bathe Pokemon in an electric-like energy”, where “Pokemon” is Karrablast or Shelmet? Lucky us, this latest update to Pokemon GO also activates a new way to evolve Pokemon!
So, to be clear here: You can also now capture Timburr and evolve into Gurdurr by normal means (hit the evolve button). If you trade any Pokemon for someone else’s Gurdurr, you don’t get a Gurdurr, because Gurdurr will evolve into Conkeldurr! The full list of Pokemon that evolve via trading as of January 13, 2020, are as follows.
Pokemon GO trade to evolve (as of January 2020):
• Kadabra (to Alakazam)
• Machoke (to Machamp)
• Graveler (to Golem)
• Haunter (to Gengar)
• Boldore (to Gigalith)
• Gurdurr (to Conkeldurr)
• Karrablast (to Escavalier)
• Shelmet (to Accelgor)
ORIGINAL POST CONTINUES BELOW: *Also appearing in this latest update are Boldore, Gigalith, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Crustle, and Garbodor. These Pokemon all evolve from the Pokemon listed above. There are a whole BUNCH of new Pokemon in Pokemon GO this week!
Current (January 2020) NEW Pokemon hatching from Eggs:
• 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
• 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
• 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
There are a number of new regional Pokemon starting this week, too! Pokemon appearing in the wild in ONLY certain regions are as follows.
Pokemon GO regional spawns in wild (as of January 2020):
• North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
• Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
• Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
• Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
• Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
• Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
This is just the beginning of the wave of updates coming in the first few weeks of 2020. What a whopper right out the gate! Take a peek at the timeline below and stay up to date on all the Pokemon GO goodness here on SlashGear – it’s GO time!