Back at the end of September, we spent some hands on time with the slick Nexus 5X smartphone by LG. If you liked what you saw in that hands-on and all the rumors that swirled about the smartphone, you will be glad to hear that as of today you can now purchase the Nexus 5X in five key markets around the world.
Those key markets include the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, India, Korea, and Japan. LG says that the smartphone will roll out to other key markets in Europe, Asia, and Latin America in the weeks to come. No exact launch date in those other locations was offered.
The Nexus 5X is the third tie up with LG and Google and packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor under the hood. The 5X also has an advanced camera and fingerprint sensor bringing all around performance of the device. The OS is Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the latest version of the Android OS.
Nexus 5X Technical specifications
• Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
• Display: 5.2 inches, FHD (1920 x 1080) LCD at 423 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Fingerprint and smudge-resistant oleophobic coating
• Rear Camera 12.3 MP, 1.55 µm pixels, f/2.0 aperture, IR laser-assisted autofocus, 4K (30 fps) video capture, Broad-spectrum CRI-90 dual flash
• Front Camera: 5 MP, 1.4 µm pixels, f/2.0 aperture
• Processors: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, 1.8 GHz hexa-core 64-bit, Adreno 418 GPU
• RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3
• Internal storage: 16 GB or 32 GB
• Dimensions: 147.0 x 72.6 x 7.9 mm
• Weight: 136 g
• Color: Carbon, Quartz, Ice
• Material: Premium injection molded polycarbonate housing
• Media: Single front-facing speaker, 3 microphones (1 front, 1 top, 1 bottom)
• Battery: 2,700 mAh Battery, Fast charging: up to 3.8 hours of use from only 10 minutes of charging
• Wireless & Location: LTE cat. 6, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, dual-band (2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS / GLONASS, Digital compass
• Network GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8, CDMA: BC0/1/10, LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29, LTE (TDD): B41, LTE CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B7, B4-B12, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41. Phone is carrier-unlocked with wide-range band support for service providers worldwide. Check with your service provider for more information.
• Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Hall sensor, Android Sensor Hub
• Ports: Single USB Type-C, 3.5 mm audio jack, Single Nano SIM slot
LG says that pricing and availability will be announced by the carriers and will vary depending on the market. The Nexus 5x has a 5.2-inch 1920 x 1080 screen, 12.3MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 2GB of RAM, and up to 32GB of internal storage.
SOURCE: Google Play Store