Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 combines four programs that make your ultra-Mobile PC (UMPC) running Windows Vista even easier to use. Origami Experience 2.0 is available as a free download to UMPC owners. Back in January, Origami Experience 2.0 was released to OEMs for potential inclusion in their units and the HTC Shift is probably the only device shipped with it. You can grab it now if you have a UMPC running Microsoft Windows Vista; just like the original, devices running XP are out of luck.
Included in the Origami Experience 2.0 software is Picture Password, which is handy for devices without fingerprint sensors, Weather, RSS functionality, e-mail and calendar items and various media and web features. It is recommended that you at least download and try Origami Experience 2.0 and see for yourself if you like it — if you have a compatible device. There are some nice, features… most are generally already available in Vista already, but they’re not as touch-friendly as what you’ll find here. Customizing various tiles in Origami Now is pretty nifty, almost like Sidebar Gadgets.
Overview: Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 contains these four programs for an ultra-Mobile PC (UMPC) running Windows Vista:
Central gives you instant access to all your media, programs, and the Internet, with the touch of a finger.
Now gives you one-touch access to the most important information at any given time and place.
Origami Picture Password
With a Picture Password, you can log on to Windows and unlock your computer by tapping a sequence of targets on a picture, instead of typing a password.
Touch Settings combines several settings in Windows Vista into one place to make it easier to customize a touch screen.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Ultimate
Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 is designed for ultra-mobile PCs (UMPCs).
A UMPC with the following specifications:
- Minimum 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Minimum 1 GB of system memory
- Touch panel display (required for Origami Picture Password)
The UMPC must have the following software installed: –
- Windows Internet Explorer 7. Origami Experience 2.0 requires Internet Explorer 7 for its RSS platform.
- Windows Media Player 11. Origami Central requires Windows Media Player 11 in order to manage and play media.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. The calendar tile in Origami Now works only with Office Outlook 2007 Calendar. The mail tile in Origami Now works with Office Outlook 2007 Mail and Windows Mail.
- The Windows update available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932406 . This update is highly recommended if you use the mail tile in Origami Now with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 is distributed in nine languages. Each language version can be installed only on the corresponding language version of Windows Vista. For example, the French language version of Origami Experience 2.0 must be installed on the French language version of Windows Vista. However, any language version of Origami Experience 2.0 can be installed on the English language version of Windows Vista.