Amidst all the controversy surrounding disgraced NFL player Ray Rice, who was captured on video hitting his fiance in an elevator, comes news that he will be scrubbed from Madden NFL 15 with an upcoming game update. EA confirmed the plan to USA Today’s Brett Molina.
The news first surfaced by way of FOX Sports’ Mike Garafolo, who fired off a tweet claiming that a source with knowledge of the matter said EA Sports planned to remove Ray Rice from Madden 15 as part of its week 1 update.
According to Molina, who said he received confirmation on the matter from EA, the game’s rosters will be updated by this Friday, and will no longer include Rice once completed. This follows the player’s indefinite suspension by the NFL.
If you’re not familiar with the newly released game, you can check out its trailer and other details in our writeup from earlier this year, then hit up the timeline below for other recent NFL news and announcements.