Verizon will be one of the first carriers to launch Windows Phone 6.5 on the HTC Imagio. The HTC Imagio will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 6 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Oct. 20 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. The HTC Imagio feature a large 3.6” LCD touch-sensitive display with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution, 3.5-mm audio jack and five quick launch buttons, including one-touch access to multimedia capabilities.
Other features include an onscreen QWERTY keyboard and a large 1500-mAh battery. The HTC Imagio is perfect for globetrotters thanks to its Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 185 destinations (Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + 2100 HSPA). At home, owners can enjoy high-speed connectivity over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 800/1900 MHz) or Wi-Fi (80211 b/g). Stay tune for our full review of the HTC Imagio for Verizon in the next couple of days.
HTC Imagio Lifestyle features:
- Support for Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Mobile TV and V CAST Video on Demand services, while the Imagio’s V CAST Mobile TV antenna doubles as a convenient kickstand for easy, hands-free viewing
- Support for Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music with Rhapsody service gives customers access to millions of songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync their favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a separately-sold USB cable
- Complete Windows Phone 6.5 Professional support with Microsoft® Office Mobile and Microsoft Office® Outlook® Mobile
- Fully-customizable home screen with ability to add applications of interest
- Integrated communications and seamless access to social networks
- Intuitive HTC TouchFLO™ 3D interface to allow for easy navigation between menus
- 5.0 megapixel camera with auto focus to capture memories with friends and family
HTC Imagio Key features:
- Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 185 destinations (Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + 2100 HSPA)
- High-speed connectivity in the United States over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 800/1900 MHz)
- Support for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- Large 3.6” LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution
- 3.5-mm audio jack and five quick launch buttons, including one-touch access to multimedia capabilities
- On-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing
- 1500 mAh battery delivers extended operating time
V CAST Mobile TV
As Verizon Wireless’ first smartphone to support V CAST Mobile TV, HTC Imagio customers can enjoy the best of broadcast and cable television programming – including live shows and other mobile television content – 24 hours a day from many of the best-known entertainment brands including Bravo, CBS, CBS College Sports, CBS News, CNBC, Comedy Central, ESPN, ESPNEWS, ESPN Radio, FOX, FOX News, FOX Sports, MSNBC, MTV, MTV Tr3́s, NBC, NBC Sports, NBC News, and Nickelodeon. The live mobile TV service is provided by FLO TV Incorporated. For the latest information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, including programs, handsets, pricing and availability, visit the V CAST Mobile TV Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.