A new video has turned up on YouTube that claims to show details and features of the coming Galaxy S7 smartphone form Samsung. We are taking this video with a big grain of salt since nothing is official just yet and isn’t expected to be until MWC kicks off next month. The video appears to round up all the rumors so far and offers them along with what appear to be renderings of the smartphone based on rumor.
The images in the video certainly look the business and we could see Samsung making a device that looks like this. With the launch date coming soon, there are plenty of leaked hardware details to check out. In fact, earlier today we received a supposed set of specs for the device.
Those specs are mostly in a foreign language, but what we can glean is that there will be 16 to 64GB storage versions and two different available processors depending on the version of the S7 chosen. The processors include an Exynos 8890 and a Snapdragon 820. Screen sizes are a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED for the standard version and a 5.5-inch for the Edge.
Android 6.0 is tipped for the OS with a 20MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera. We guess the battery will be a 3,500 mAh unit. We also expect to see a fingerprint scanner, Force Touch pressure sensitive panel, and Gorilla Glass 5 front and back. Check out the video to see what the S7 might look like.
Samsung Galaxy S7 details (pre-official)*
• Dimensions: 143.4 x 70.8 x 6.9mm (5.65 x 2.79 x 0.27-inch)
• Display: 5.2-inch Super-AMOLED with 1440 x 2650 pixel resolution (that’s Quad HD, or 2K) (or 5.5-inch for the Edge)
• Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
• Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, Samsung Exynos 8890 (octa-core)
• RAM: 4GB RAM
• Camera: 20MP back-facing camera – similar to Sony Xperia Z5, with 4K video recording abilities, dual-LED flash *downgraded from our last report, which suggested 25MP
• Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel (similar to this year’s model)
• Battery: 3,500mAh (guesstimate based on historical precedent)
• Internal Storage: 16, 32, 64GB, microSD card slot for storage expansion
• Special Features: Fingerprint scanner, Force Touch pressure-sensitive panel (under display), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front and back panels, curved glass edges on rear, similar to Galaxy Note 5
*Above you’ll find the Samsung Galaxy S7’s specifications as well as the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Note again that these are not final specifications and are no confirmed by Samsung in any way shape or form.