A good race at home is cranking up PS3, pairing Gran Turismo 5 with my Logictech Driving Force GT, but now I have a second thought about that amateur set-up of mine. I doubt any gaming enthusiast would disagree with me after looking at the state of the art Fanatec simulation driving wheel. That’s one good looking driving wheel!
Named after Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Fanatec’s driving wheel features hand stitched leather wheel with genuine Alcantara leather and metal Porsche emblem just likes the real car. The paddle shifters made of stainless steel, and the Clubsport pedals are CNC machined aluminum constructed for utmost precision and durability. But look is not what Fanatec has to offer.
Like most intermediate driving wheel, the feedback force is adjustable; but Fanatec unit is no ordinary driving wheel. The feedback system has three level of sensitivity, dual-vibration motors and a Mabuchi 550 Series paired with a smooth belt drive to simulate a much realistic and sensational racing experience. Enough said, pairing this with Reensport Cockpit, you got the perfect set-up!
Compatible with PC and Ps3, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS Racing Wheel is slated to ship at February 15, 2009. Gaming fanatics can get their preorder now for $289.95
* Original Porsche 911 GT3 RS steering wheel design
* Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
* Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
* Hand stitched leather wheel manufactured according to Porsche quality standards using original ALCANTARA® leather made in Italy.
* Compatible with PC and PlayStation 3 (games which support Force Feedback wheels)
* Includes Clubsport paddle shifters made of stainless steel
* Extra large wheel rim diameter (300 mm)
* Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to 900°, 360° or 180° or in 1° steps by software
* Play with table: Strong table clamps with quick release, special non-slip rubber pads, and Velcro strips on the pedals
keep everything in place. Integrated screw inserts allows a strong fixation on a gaming cockpit
* Play without table: Fully compatible with the RennSport Wheel Stand which is available optional
* Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong Force Feedback effects
* Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulates motor vibrations.
* Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
* High resolution wheel sensor
* TUNING functions with LED display
* Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
* Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
* Adjust sensitivity independent from the game
* Clubsport pedals made of aluminum
* Pressure sensitive load cell sensor
* Maximum brake force adjustable
* Contactless magnetic sensors for gas and clutch with unlimited lifetime
* Vibration motor on brake pedal to indicate blocking tires (only in games which support this feature)
* Adjustable spring strentgth