Corsair are today re-releasing their Dominator GT ultra-performance DRAM, after pulling the chips from the market earlier this year due to “unacceptable failure levels of the Elpida “Hyper” components” used in their manufacturer. Now using new new materials, the re-launched Dominator GT chips are available in 4GB and 6GB kits for Intel and AMD high-performance processors.
All of the chips are black with red fins, and ship with the Corsair Airflow fan as standard. They’re manufactured using the company’s DHX+ (Dual-path Heat eXchange) heatsink for both front and rear cooling, and have removable heatsink fins for using the memory with waterblocks and other cooling devices.
The four kits are as follows:
- 6GB for Intel Core i7 (CMG6GX3M3A2000C7): Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings
- 4GB for AMD Phenom II AM3 (CMG4GX3M2A1600C6): Matched pair of 2GB modules, DDR3, 1600MHz, 6-6-6-18 latency timings
- 6GB for Intel Core i7 (CMG6GX3M3A2000C8): Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 8-8-8-24 latency timings
- 6GB for Intel Core i7 (CMG6GX3M3A1866C7): Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 1866MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings
All will be available within one to two weeks, directly from Corsair or though resellers.
Corsair® Re-launches Dominator GT Ultra-Performance DRAM Modules
– Implements changes in materials and qualification to bring Hyper-based overclocking modules back to market –
Fremont, CA. July 22, 2009 — Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies, and flash memory products including solid-state drives, today re-introduced the popular Dominator GT line of memory modules. These modules had been removed from the market due to unacceptable failure levels of the Elpida “Hyper” components with which the modules are constructed.
“The issue with the Hyper RAMs was discovered with the help of the enthusiast community, and we worked closely with them to solve it,” stated John Beekley, VP of Applications Engineering at Corsair. “Our lab was able to correlate the failures to specific batches of early material, we worked very closely with Elpida to determine the root cause of the issue and to define the associated corrective actions to take. We are confident that every GT module using the Elpida Hyper IC Corsair ships from today will meet our strict quality and reliability standard.”
The Dominator GT memory kits are being re-introduced with updated part numbers, and will be available within one to two weeks. All Dominator GT modules are black with red fins, and include the Airflow cooling fan. Module kits and specifications are as follows:
· 6GB kit for Intel Core i7: Part number CMG6GX3M3A2000C7, available directly from Corsair’s web store at corsair.com. Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings.
· 4GB kit for AMD Phenom II AM3: Part number CMG4GX3M2A1600C6, available directly from Corsair’s web store at corsair.com. Matched pair of 2GB modules, DDR3, 1600MHz, 6-6-6-18 latency timings.
· 6GB kit for Intel Core i7: Part number CMG6GX3M3A2000C8, available from authorized Corsair resellers and Corsair’s web store at corsair.com. Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 8-8-8-24 latency timings.
· 6GB kit for Intel Core i7: Part number CMG6GX3M3A1866C7, available from authorized Corsair resellers and Corsair’s web store at corsair.com. Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 1866MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings.
All Corsair Dominator GT modules are built using the patent-pending DHX+ (Dual-path Heat eXchange) heatsink, which uniquely cools both the front and back of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board, for greater reliability and increased overclocking flexibility. DHX+ modules also utilize removable heatsink fins, which allows for range of Dominator GT cooling options, including the Corsair Cooling™ Hydro Series H30 waterblock and Ice Series T30 thermo-electric cooler, which actively cools the modules up to 20°C below ambient temperature for maximum overclockability.
All Dominator GT products also ship with the Corsair Airflow fan as standard, which maximizes airflow over the module’s cooling fins, increasing heat dissipation to improve memory performance and reliability.
The new Dominator GT modules will be available within one to two weeks from Corsair’s authorized distributors, resellers worldwide and Corsair’s web store at corsair.com, These modules are backed by Corsair’s limited lifetime warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Express is also available.
More information about the Corsair Dominator GT family can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit www.corsair.com
Copyright© 2009 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.