Hyundai has a new entry-level SUV that is launching for car buyers shopping on a budget. The SUV is called the Hyundai Venue, and it starts at $17,250. At that price, the buyers get a 1.6-liter DPI 4-cylinder engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. Buyers who want that SUV with a 6-speed Smartstream IVT transmission will pay $18,450. Pricing doesn’t include the $1,095 destination charge.
The most expensive Hyundai Venue model is the SEL IVT with convenience and Premium selling for $22,050. Standard features on all Venue models include a 3.5-inch TFT instrument cluster display, rear-view monitor, 8-inch audio system screen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Hyundai SmartSense is also standard.
SmartSense includes Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keeping Assist and Driver Attention Warning, Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) with Traction Control as well as front, side and head curtain airbags each as standard equipment. SEL adds Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW).
Hyundai has also announced the new 2020 Sonata starting at $23,400. The car has a $750 base price increase compared to last year but gets more standard features. A top of the line Sonata sells for $33,300. The MSRP doesn’t include a $930 destination charge. The entry-level Sonata now includes:
- All-new Smartstream 2.5-liter engine with 191 HP (vs. 2019 Sonata SE with 185 HP)
- Standard 8-speed automatic transmission and Shift-By-Wire selector (vs. 2019 Sonata SE’s 6-speed)
- Combined MPG 32 (vs. 2019 Sonata SE’s 29 MPG)
- 8-inch LCD monitor (vs 7-inch LCD monitor)
- Electronic Parking Brake (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Lane Follow Assist (LFA) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Automatic high-beam assist (new standard SmartSense feature)
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (new standard SmartSense feature)
- LED Hidden Lighting Lamps (new standard SmartSense feature)
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED taillights
- Laminated windshield