Asus has announced that it is breaking all sorts of world records in the semiconductor world, thanks to Intel’s latest Z77 chipset and third-generation Core i7 processors. Among the high-level achievements are the P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard, which reaches an astonishing 7 GHz CPU clock frequency when using the Intel Core i7-3770K processor with 16 GB of DDR3 and clocked at 2800 MHz.
The P8Z77-V Deluxe is also “easily exceeding” 3 GHz memory frequencies with all four DIMMS populated, according to Asus. “The milestone also establishes that channel boards from ASUS are capable of very impressive overclocking feats thanks to their class leading Digi+ VRM power and control design,” the company bragged. As for the world records, they are as follows:
– AquaMark 3: 536638 marks using a Radeon™ HD 7970 graphics card clocked at 1600MHz core and 1900MHz GDDR5
– PiFast: 10.3 seconds with Intel® Core™ i7-3770K set to 6930MHz
– 3DMark®2001 SE: 164589 marks using a GeForce® GTX 580 clocked at 1553MHz core and 1250MHz GDDR5
– SuperPi: 5 seconds 187ms with Intel® Core™ i7-3770K set to 6961MHz
– SuperPi 32M: 4 minutes 52 seconds and 953ms with Intel® Core™ i7 set to 6735MHz