As well as their headline smartphone announcements this morning, Verizon have also officially confirmed a couple of featurephones that have each been rattling around the rumor mill for a while. The LG Chocolate Touch and Samsung Convoy - a touchscreen candybar and rugged flip, respectively - don't have the Android magic or hardware QWERTY of the Verizon DROID Eris by HTC or the BlackBerry Curve 8530.
The Verizon LG Chocolate Touch has a 3.2-megapixel camera with auto-panerama mode, FM radio and stereo Bluetooth support. The LG Chcolate Touch is $79.99 (following $50 rebate and assuming a two-year agreement); the Chocolate Touch is available today.
As for the Verizon Samsung Convoy you still get EVDO Rev.A, a 2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth 2.1, push-to-talk (PTT) and an integrated stereo speaker. The Convoy also meets military specifications 810F standards for shock and dust resistance, vibration, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude and low and high temperature storage. The Convoy is available today, priced at $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and presuming a new, two-year agreement.
VERIZON WIRELESS MUSIC LOVERS CAN TASTE THE SWEETEST LG CHOCOLATE YET
New LG Chocolate Touch Invites Customers to Join the Band
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) today announced that the LG Chocolate Touch™ will be available beginning Nov. 5 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. Equipped with patented Dolby® Mobile, the Chocolate Touch brings a dramatically richer listening experience with its potent bass and sparkling clarity, making it the perfect companion for music lovers.
• FM radio with 12 presets
• Integrated Song ID
• Dedicated side key for easy access to favorite songs
• Bluetooth®-capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic printing, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, basic imaging and human interface device
• “Join the Band” feature allows customers to use their fingers to tap on a full drum kit complete with snare drum, kick drum, floor tom, hi-hat cymbal, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, and even a cowbell
o The “Join the Band” piano function allows customers to play along on a full scrolling 88-key keyboard. With the option to press “Pause” to stop the music and show off solo skills, the possibilities of fun are endless
• Dolby Mobile equalizer, enhancing the listeners experience with:
o Sound Space for Headphones – Adds spaciousness and impact to headphone listening from stereo content
o Natural Bass – Provides a clean, powerful bass extension without artificial side effects
o High-Frequency Enhancer – Reinforces high frequencies, especially for lower-quality source content
o Sound Level Controller – Maintains a consistent playback level, both within a particular program and across content
• Sleek, compact and stylish multi-featured touch screen phone with a rounded shape and metallic finish
• Access to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and other social networking sites. A dedicated social networking shortcut key allows users to upload pictures and videos to Twitter, Facebook®, MySpace and other social networks. 3.2 megapixel camera and camcorder that includes:
o Five different resolutions
o Zoom up to 1.6 times
o Intelligent shot for improved image quality
o Panorama for three guided sequential shots
o Facial makeover that removes blemishes and enhances features
o Image editor with zoom, rotate, crop, added frames and stamps
o Ability to write over images
o Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use a self-timer
Pricing and availability:
• The LG Chocolate Touch is available for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
• Customers can purchase the LG Chocolate Touch beginning today in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
• For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
SAMSUNG CONVOY JOINS VERIZON WIRELESS’ FLEET OF PUSH TO TALK PHONES
Rugged Push to Talk Handset Works Hard To Let Customers Play Harder
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and DALLAS – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), announce the availability of the Samsung Convoy™, a rugged Push to Talk device with military specifications built to withstand the harshest of elements. The Convoy’s high-quality stereo speaker, extended battery life and multiple messaging options make it the ideal device to stay connected in the toughest conditions.
Available color: Charcoal grey
• Rugged, durable and robust design
o Meets military specifications 810F standards for shock and dust resistance, vibration, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude and low and high temperature storage
• Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless’ Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network for fast two-way communications to get jobs done quickly and efficiently
• High-quality stereo speaker
• 1300 mAh for long battery life
• VZ NavigatorSM –Allows customers to get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
• 2.0 megapixel camera with Night Shot, panorama, color effects and more
• Bluetooth® version 2.1 wireless technology
o Support for headset (mono and stereo), hands-free, dial-up networking, serial port, object push (vCard and vCalendar only), basic image, basic printing and phonebook access
• Personal organizer with calendar, tip calculator, currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
• The Samsung Convoy will be available Nov. 15 for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement with Verizon Wireless. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
• Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month per line to any qualifying Nationwide voice plan.
• Customers can purchase the Samsung Convoy beginning Nov. 15 at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.