Sprint announced the immediate availability of EV-DO Revision A for Wichita and Kansas City market. While I no longer reside in those two cities, I still fly in an out visiting friends and family. Thanks for the EV-DO Rev A love – Sprint!
Customers in Sprint’s new Revision A market enjoy upload speeds of 350 to 500 Kbps and an average download speed of 600 Kbps to 1.4Mbps. This is a significant jump, compared to regular EV-DO networks crawling at 50 to 70 Kbps up and 400 to 700 Kbps down.
Upgraded EV-DO Revision A coverage will be available throughout most of the metropolitan Kansas City area including:
– Kansas City International Airport
– the downtown area
– Most of the I-70 corridor west to Topeka, Ks. and east to
– Much of the I-35 corridor south to Melvern, Ks. and north to
– In and around Lawrence, Leavenworth and Overland Park, Ks.
Coverage in the Wichita area includes:
– the downtown business district
– Wichita Mid-Continent Airport
– and south on the I-35 corridor to the Oklahoma border, north
to Cassoday and west to Greensburg
It’s also worth the addition of the Merlin EX720 ExpressCard to Sprint’s already long list of Revision A supported hardware. The EX720 is available late February for as low as $179.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement.
Customer willing to sign a two-year Sprint subscriber agreement may be eligible to receive unlimited data usage for $59.95 per month. Other plans starts at $39.99 per month for 40MB to $79.99 per month for unlimited data usage with a one-year subscriber agreement.
Press Release [Sprint]