Consumer electronics catching fire is definitely not new, but ever since Samsung's catastrophic Galaxy Note 8, consumers and media, and even governments, have their ears pricked up for even the slightest hint of a fire waiting to happen. Or in this case, had happened. It wasn't a phone this time, or even a now forgotten and poorly-named hoverboard. It was, surprisingly, Apple's AirPods, the company's answer to removing the headphone jack from its iPhones. Fortunately for Jason Colon of Tampa, Florida, the bud didn't explode while he was still wearing it.