Everything you’ve heard about Verizon Wireless offering a Netbook with Mobile Broadband network built in is 100-percent true. You’ll be able to pick one up at Verizon Wireless stores this upcoming Sunday, May 17 for a small price of $199.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate along with a new two-year activation on a Mobile Broadband plan.
Service plans start at $39.99 for 250MB of data per month with a 10-cents per MB after the 250MB allotment. It makes more sense to simply go with the $59.99 monthly plan for 5GB a month of data usage. The overage charge is only 5 cents per MB.
Thanks to the embedded Gobi chipset, globetrotters can even use the HP Mini across the pond for a fee of $129.99 on the Global Access Monthly Plan. Just make sure to watch your usage because 100MB of data isn’t going to get you very far. Note that after the allotted 100MB, you’ll be paying 0.25 cents per MB. Also include in the plan is 5GB of data for usage in the US and Canada. If you don’t make a lot of international trips, the Global Access Pay Per Use might be a better option. It must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the US. The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002/KB in Canada, $0.005/KB in Mexico, and $0.02/KB in more than 175 other destinations.
PHP Mini 1151NR from Verizon Wireless
The HP Mini 1151NR is available on the nation’s largest and most reliable 3G network on May 17, 2009. This netbook offers customers a compact, lightweight device with the added benefit of Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network built right into the HP Mini 1151NR. Customers traveling abroad can use Verizon Wireless’ GlobalAccess service to stay connected, informed and entertained in more than 175 destinations; more than 45 of those destinations offer 3G speeds.
The HP Mini 1151NR will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. It will cost $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and new two- year activation on a Mobile Broadband plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· Mobile Broadband – EV-DO Revision A (Rev. A) Embedded
· GlobalAccess – Qualcomm Gobi chipset (quad-band GPRS/EDGE/GSM and tri-band HSPA/UMTS)
· 802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth®
· Wired Ethernet RJ-45
· Display – 10.1” Flush Glass (1024 x 576) diagonal LED BrightView Infinity display
· Weight – 2.4 Pounds
· Dimensions – 1” x 10.3” x 6.6”
· Power – three-cell battery, 30W AC Adapter
· Processor – Intel Atom N270
· Processor Speed – 1.6 GHz
· System Memory – 1 GB RAM
· Storage Hard Drive – 80 GB hard disk drive
· Operating System – Windows XP Home Edition; Service Pack 3
· USB Ports – Two USB 2.0 ports
· Video – VGA out (requires optional accessory); built-in Webcam 640 x 480, 30 fps
· Audio – Stereo speakers, integrated microphone, combo headphone/microphone jack
· Removable memory – combo SD/MMC card slot
· Limited Warranty – one-year
Verizon Wireless Connectivity Capabilities
· Mobile Broadband – Verizon Wireless’ high-speed wireless network is enhanced with
EV-DO Rev. A technology for fast and efficient Web browsing and access to corporate Intranet and e-mail. Mobile Broadband is available across the U.S. so that customers can keep working when they are on-the-go. Select from one- or two-year Mobile Broadband plans that offer:
· $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and 10 cents per megabyte overage
· $59.99 monthly access with a 5 GB monthly allowance and 5 cents per megabyte overage
· GlobalAccess – The HP Mini 1151NR makes it easy for customers to stay connected when traveling abroad with GlobalAccess. The HP Mini 1151NR with the embedded Qualcomm Gobi™ chipset, works to provide streamlined global mobile broadband access on both CDMA and GSM wireless networks in more than 175 destinations worldwide. Customers will receive a SIM card when they sign up for a GlobalAccess plan. Monthly or pay per use GlobalAccess plans include:
- GlobalAccess Monthly Plan starts at $129.99 monthly access, offering a 100 MB allowance in more than 30 select international destinations ($0.005/KB after allowance), as well as 5 GB allowance for the U.S. and Canada and $0.25/MB overage. All other destinations are charged pay-per-use rates.
- Global Access Pay Per Use is perfect for occasional use and must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the U.S. The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002/KB in Canada, $0.005/KB in Mexico, and $0.02/KB in more than 175 other destinations.
Capabilities (with appropriate Verizon Wireless service plans)
· E-mail – view, edit, and create e-mail messages with attachments
· Web browse – experience a full Web browsing experience
· Instant Messaging and Social Networking
· Videos and movies – playback videos and movies downloaded via SD card or USB CD/DVD external drive
· Photos – view and create albums or transfer via SD card
· Microsoft Works® – view, but not edit, Microsoft Word and Excel files
Key Pre-Installed Applications
More than 30 applications come pre-installed on the HP Mini 1151NR Netbook including:
· VZ Access Manager
· Internet Explorer 7®
· Adobe® Reader® and Flash® Player
· Microsoft® Works (share and edit Works Word Processor and Spreadsheet files with Microsoft® Office Word and
· Windows Media Player 11™
· HP Wireless Assistant
· Symantec® Norton Internet Security 2009 (including 60-days of complimentary live updates)
· AOL® AIM®
Microsoft® Office Excel and vice versa)