So you love your Xbox 360, but you'd prefer it to be more portable. Let's hope you've got a friend like Ben Heckendorn - widely renowned as modder-extraordinaire - because he's the man who made this awesome 360 laptop.
Complete with all the original functionality, 17 inch HD-compatible LCD display and built in keyboard and wifi, plus water-cooling to allow a relatively trim 2.8" depth, it's definitely a labour of love.
Trot over to his build log to see how he did it; don't forget the photo gallery on page 5!
- Uses a 17" wide (diagonal) 1280x720 progressive-scan LCD VGA monitor (for HD-level resolutions) Thus you can actually read the text in Dead Rising.
- Water-cooled with custom-built radiator. Allows for a slimmer main body versus the mammoth heat sinks in a stock 360.
- Built-in keyboard and Wi-Fi.
- USB hub allows original number of 3 USB ports for user.
- All-aluminum case, except for plastic keyboard / ring of light / screen control area.
- Uses single customized "expanded" power supply brick for both screen and Xbox 360.
- Breakout ports on back allow hookup to component TV, VGA monitor, sound system (analog or TOSlink) and even crummy composite video.
- Size: 16.75" x 10.75" x 2.8" Weight: 14 pounds (with water loaded)