Sony has slashed the price of the PSP, with the handheld console going for $129.99 as of Sunday, February 27. Confirmed on the official PlayStation blog, the price cut will also see PSP Entertainment Packs - which bundle the PSP and one or more games - brought down to $159.99.
There's also a new flood of "Greatest Hits" and "Favorites" games, which are basically Sony's two budget ranges. The $19.99 "Greatest Hits" line-up now includes:
- Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (Square Enix, Inc.)
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Resistance: Retribution
- Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive)
As for the PSP "Favorites" range, all at $9.99, that now includes:
- CRISIS CORE-FINAL FANTASY VII (Square Enix, Inc. )
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
- Killzone: Liberation
- SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo
- Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square Enix, Inc.)
Sony expects to replace the PSP in late 2011 with the new Sony NGP.