Sony Electronics has announced two new Blu-Ray players that will be capable of accessing advanced interactive features such as BonusView and BD-Live, and advanced 7.1 channels HD audio decoding. The BDP-S350 ships this summer for about $400 and the BDP-S550 will be available this autumn for about $500.
The players also feature compatibility with an array of video formats, including BD-R/RE (BDMV and BDAV modes), DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW, CD, CD-R/RW (CD-DA format) and JPEG on DVD//CD recordable media.
Here’s the summary of latest Sony’s Blu-Ray players
- Both BDP-S350 and BDP-S550
- Profile 1.1 aka BonusView
- Ethernet port
- An external port for local storage
- 1080P 60/24 output (upconvert and pass-tho)
- up to 7.1 channels decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DD+
- up to 7.1 channels bitstream audio output including DTS-MA
- Profile 2.0 ready aka BD-Live via update
- Profile 2.0 aka BD-Live
- up to 7.1 channel decoding for DTS-HD MA
- up to 7.1 channel analog output
- 1 GB of persistent local storage