High-end headphone manufacturer Shure have thrown budget customers another bone, with the announcement of the SE102MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Headset. Priced at $99.99, it bundles the company’s newest SE earphones with their Music Phone Adapter, and is being targeted at iPhone and smartphone owners.
The system is modular, with the headphones themselves detaching from the in-line microphone cable. The ear buds themselves use Shure’s passive noise-cancelling technology; three sets of soft flex sleeves – in small, medium and large – are supplied, together with a drawstring carry pouch.
Shure is also announcing a number of bundle deals today, of which the SE102MPA is the entry level. It pairs the company’s higher tier SE headphone with the Music Phone Adapter. All models will be available this month, with a two-year warranty.
Shure Introduces SE102MPA Sound Isolating(TM) Stereo Headset
New $99 Bundled Music + Mobile Accessory Turns “Everyday Audiophile” into “Everyday Superuser”
NILES, Ill. –(Business Wire)– Sep. 2, 2008 Shure Incorporated today unveiled the $99.99 SE102MPA Sound Isolating(TM) Stereo Headset, a new entry-level accessory that brings a premium audio and communication experience to price-conscious iPhone and smartphone owners. It offers Shure’s newest SE earphone model bundled with the company’s wildly popular Music Phone Adapter (MPA).
When the iPhone launched in June 2007, Shure was there to deliver. The company brought its 80-year professional audio legacy to iPhone enthusiasts everywhere with the MPA, one of the first premium accessories to seamlessly marry listening and communicating. Now, with a better-than-ever iPhone and host of new multi-function devices exploding onto the scene, Shure is innovating once again with an entire line of do-it-all bundled accessories that maximize converged device performance for every level of user.
According to the CEA/GfK Worldwide Consumer Electronics Sales & Forecast, global sales of mobile phones and smartphones were $156 billion in 2007 (1.09 billion units) and are expected to reach $178 billion in 2008 (more than 1.2 billion units). With Apple paving the way, it’s clear that the promise of convergence is unfolding. Multi-function devices no longer have to sacrifice performance in one area to achieve it in another, and as a result, new buyers are investing in converged devices and in the accessories that maximize device performance. After witnessing the phenomenal success of its MPA, Shure anticipated growing demand for bundled products that would offer consumers their favorite Shure earphone models packaged with an MPA. With the SE Sound Isolating(TM) Stereo Mobile Headsets, Shure enthusiasts at every level can enjoy a premium listening and communication experience no matter when and how they’re using their converged devices.
“Smartphones are the new ‘it’ devices because users no longer have to abandon who they are to benefit from smartphone technology,” said Mark Karnes, Executive Director, Global Marketing, Shure. “With Apple offering the first true medium, audiences from casual users to musicphiles, moviephiles and constantly-connected business users can get it all from one device. They want the same from accessories — one high-performance, bundled accessory that maximizes everything their device offers — and this is exactly what Shure is delivering with its new bundled headset line.”
The SE102MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Headset
Designed for iPhone owners in search of a seamless music plus mobile experience at an affordable price, the SE102MPA delivers premium sound and one-touch call answering. Interchangeable Sound Isolating(TM) Sleeves and an inline microphone guarantee clear communication, even in noisy environments. A unique cable design allows the user to remove the MPA for additional versatility and convenience.
Additional SE102MPA features
– Dynamic MicroSpeakers: Professional-grade Dynamic MicroSpeakers bring premium, rock star sound quality to the “everyday audiophile.”
– Low-profile VoicePort(TM) Microphone: Tuned to enhance intelligibility regardless of background noise, this professional grade Shure microphone uses VoicePort technology to provide superior sound quality and ensure that callers hear each other clearly even in noisy environments.
– Modular Cable Design: Shure is now extending the modularity concept it pioneered with its SE models to its SE Sound Isolating Stereo Mobile Headsets. An interchangeable cable provides unmatched flexibility and boundless options for consumers to personalize their converged devices.
– Sound Isolating Sleeves: Shure signature Sound Isolating Sleeves prevent outside noise from interfering with a consumer’s audio experience and block more background noise than active noise cancellation technology. Interchangeable earphone fit options deliver unparalleled personal customization and comfort.
– Carrying Pouch/Included Accessories: The SE102MPA is packaged with a zipper-less drawstring pouch and three pairs of soft flex sleeves (S, M, L).
Shure SE Sound Isolating Stereo Mobile Headsets (SE110MPA, SE210MPA, SE310MPA, SE420MPA, SE530MPA)
In addition to the SE102MPA, Shure is also introducing several other SE Sound Isolating Stereo Mobile Headsets: the SE110MPA, SE210MPA, SE310MPA, SE420MPA and SE530MPA, a new headset family that offers Shure’s acclaimed SE earphone models bundled with the MPA.
These new products combine all of consumers’ favorite attributes of Shure SE models – including superior audio quality, beautiful design, modular capabilities, comfort and portability – with the convenience of a detachable stereo mobile headset. The bundled models will include all accessories currently packaged with existing Shure SE models. The SE110MPA, SE210MPA, SE310MPA, SE420MPA and SE530MPA also include a 3-foot extension cable for users who prefer to remove the MPA.
Pricing and Availability
– SE102MPA: $99.99 retail price; $119.99 MSRP
– SE110MPA: $129.99 retail price; $154.99 MSRP
– SE210MPA: $179.99 retail price; $214.99 MSRP
– SE310MPA: $279.99 retail price; $334.99 MSRP
– SE420MPA: $379.99 retail price; $429.99 MSRP
– SE530MPA: $469.99 retail price; $519.99 MSRP
Shure SE Sound Isolating Stereo Mobile Headsets will begin to be available to consumers in September 2008 and will carry a two-year limited warranty. All Shure Sound Isolating(TM) Earphones, headsets and inline accessories may be purchased online at http://www.shure.com, as well as at select retail partners. Check http://www.shure.com for a complete list of Authorized Dealers.