Search Results for: t-mobile merger

DISH reportedly approached Deutsche Telekom about a possible T-Mobile merger

DISH reportedly approached Deutsche Telekom about a possible T-Mobile merger

DISH Network Chairman Charlie Ergen had reportedly approached Deutsche Telekom about a possible merger between DISH and T-Mobile USA. According to Bloomberg's sources, DISH approached the company before it had approved an improved merger offer to MetroPCS. Deutsche Telekom said it might be interested in DISH's offer, however it will only consider it once its merger with MetroPCS closes.

Continue Reading...

Adviser recommends MetroPCS shareholders vote against T-Mobile merger

Adviser recommends MetroPCS shareholders vote against T-Mobile merger

It looks like T-Mobile will be facing an uphill battle come April 12th. On April 12th, the shareholders will be voting on whether or not MetroPCS should form a merger with T-Mobile USA. T-Mobile needs the shareholders to vote for the merger in order to complete the deal. It has already received the go-ahead from the Department of Justice as well as the FCC. However, one proxy adviser is looking to make sure the deal doesn't go through.

Continue Reading...

FCC approves T-Mobile merger with MetroPCS

FCC approves T-Mobile merger with MetroPCS

Well on its way to approval from every legal entity required to make it a reality, the merger between T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS has been given the thumbs-up by the FCC. This merger is referred to by the FCC in the official documentation issued today as "Newco" but will be called "T-Mobile US, Inc." when all is said and done. Together they'll move forward into the future with such possibilities as the advanced facilitation of 4G LTE and the expansion of what up until now has been MetroPCS's brand into "new geographical markets."

Continue Reading...

MetroPCS shareholders sue to block T-Mobile merger

MetroPCS shareholders sue to block T-Mobile merger

MetrosPCS shareholders have filed a lawsuit to block a merger with T-Mobile USA, claiming that the MetroPCS board is “serving its own financial interests.” The lawsuit is against T-Mobile and its parent company Deutsche Telekom in addition to MetroPCS' board of directors and CEO. According to the current deal in place, the shareholders will receive $1.5 billion cash and a 26% stake in the company, with the German Deutsche Telekom holding the other 74%.

Continue Reading...

AT&T blames failed T-Mobile merger for higher prices

AT&T blames failed T-Mobile merger for higher prices

Randall Stephenson, chairman and CEO of AT&T, has blasted the government's decision to block the merger with T-Mobile USA. Speaking at a conference, Stephenson says that ultimately the decision will lead to higher prices for consumers, and that the current amount of spectrum available can’t sustain the number of competitors in the wireless industry.

Continue Reading...

AT&T drops its T-Mobile merger deal

AT&T drops its T-Mobile merger deal

The AT&T and T-Mobile merger deal is officially dead. After months of seeking FCC approval and facing several road blocks, including a lawsuit from the DOJ, AT&T has finally succumbed to defeat and issued a statement today announcing that it is dropping its proposed bid to takeover T-Mobile for $39 billion.

Continue Reading...

Verizon backs AT&T in T-Mobile merger

Verizon backs AT&T in T-Mobile merger

Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam has spoken out in favor of the AT&T/T-Mobile merger, describing the deal as "kind of like gravity" and arguing that, if it blocks it, the US government will need to be more active in its spectrum plans. Speaking at an investor conference this week, McAdam claimed "that match had to occur" MarketWatch reports, and warned that the involved parties "need to be very thoughtful on what the impacts would be to the overall industry if this is a way to regulate the industry without actually passing regulation."

Continue Reading...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12