If one small synthesizer with massive power wasn't enough for you today, try on another with the Mood MiniTaur, fully ready to take on classic sounds with a brand new set of modern technology bits for an ultimate combination of beattastic evolution! This new analog bass synthesizer goes by the name Moog MiniTaur and is the very first instrument in the Taurus family that does not need or include foot pedals. The entire unit weighs in at less than 3 pounds and has dimensions measuring in at less than a piece of paper at 8.5-inches by 5.25-inches - hook it up to your MIDI controller or computer and play away!
This device has no mass of odd controls, no confusing set of clicks and switches to speak of, instead only the basics and a set of value-added controls that are ultra easy to work with are included. You'll be getting all the "growl, snarl, and low end" you'd be getting with any device from the Taurus family of bass synthesizers, only here in a small package that's rugged enough to work with you anywhere! Have a peek at a highlight video to get you salivating:
Then get a load of these specifications, each of them better than the last and all included in the out-of-box experience you get with this 2012 model that'll ring in at $679. This little beast will be coming out in the spring and will have you dialing in in no time flat.
• One knob per function interface for tweaking and creating new sounds on the fly. It also makes live performance a blast.
• Two oscillators with Sawtooth (Original Taurus) and Square wave-shapes for each VCO. Recreate sounds of the original Taurus with sawtooth waves, or create new sounds with square waves or a combination of both.
• 2 Mixer VCAs for VCO levels control of Oscillators 1 and 2.
• Moog Ladder Filter with adjustable resonance delivers classic Taurus 1 and 3 bass and boom.
•Two Minimoog style ADSR Envelope Generators for modulating VCF and VCA. The Decay and Release segments are controlled by the Decay knob, while the Release segment is enabled or disabled via Release On/Off switch.
• Midi-syncable LFO with Controls for Rate, VCO LFO Amount, and VCF LFO Amount
• DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB offer complete control of the Minitaur’s sound engine.
• Analog Control inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Gate. Use an EP2 or CV to connect and control MInitaur with everything from Modulars to Moogerfoogers.
• External audio input for processing external audio through the Mixer and Filter section of Minitaur.
• Headphone output with 1/8″ connection.
• Compact rugged steel chassis that is built like a tank.
Then have a bonus in-depth look at the device as presented by Moog, the name you trust in modifying your sounds until they sound like they're from a different dimension:
[via Moog Music]