The information regarding Verizon's 4G LTE roll-out are still slipping through the pipe, and now it's LG's turn to come forward and officially announce their 4G USB modem. The company is happy to announce that they'll be the single modem at launch, bringing the LG VL600 LTE USB modem to Verizon's stores, as well as Verizon's website, beginning Sunday, December 5th. The same day that Verizon is set to flip the switch on LTE, and launch it in 38 markets, along with 60 airports.
The LG VL600 LTE USB modem will allow customers to see download speeds anywhere between 5Mbps, to 12Mbps. Upload speeds are said to be anywhere between 2Mbps, to 5Mbps. And, just as we had heard, the LG VL600 will only support Windows-based computers, with Operating Systems such as: Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit), Vista 32/64-bit, and Windows XP 32-bit.
Pricing hasn't changed, thankfully. The modem will still cost you $99 after a $50 mail-in rebate, and once you sign over a new, two-year contract. The LG LTE USB modem features 4 LED lights on the device, letting you know the device is functioning, and your service. And it only weighs 1.76 oz. Go ahead and check out the full press release below for all the details regarding the LG VL600.
VERIZON WIRELESS AND LG MOBILE PHONES PUT LIFE IN THE FAST LANE WITH NEW 4G USB MODEM
LG VL600 Delivers Lightning Speed and Stylish Connectivity
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the LG VL600™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Dec. 5. Ideal for business professionals on the go, the LG VL600 features high-speed 4G internet connectivity, a lightweight design with flip USB cover and sleek outer finish that makes traveling a streamlined, enjoyable experience. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE will launch in 38 major metropolitan areas, covering more than one-third of all Americans – 110 million people and in more than 60 commercial airports. Staying connected with the LG VL600 is not just a business tool, it’s a business revolution.
· 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
· 3G – customers can expect download speeds of 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and upload speeds of 500 to 800 Kbps in Mobile Broadband coverage area
· Supports Windows® XP 32-bit, Vista™ 32/64-bit (SP2) and Windows 7 32/64-bit
· 4-Color LED Service Status Indicator
· Dimensions: 3.88”(H) x 1.48”(W) x 0.58”(D)
· Weight: 1.76 oz
Pricing and availability:
· The LG VL600 will be $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a 4G Mobile Broadband Plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· Customers can go to www.verizonwireless.com/4Glte to check if their addresses will be in the initial 4G LTE coverage area.
· For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world’s leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.