Lexicon has just announced their new line of I∙ONIX Desktop Recording Interfaces. The UNS-enabled I∙ONIX U22, U42S, and U82S were designed to bridge the gap between your keyboard and monitor. Equipped with analog inputs and dbx microphone you are just a few steps away from laying down your own tracks.
With the U22 you can record two separate channels at the same time. This model has two analog combi-jack mic/line inputs, two TRS balanced line outputs, a Hi-Z instrument input, a ¼” high-power headphone output, and MIDI I/O. The I·ONIX Series are meticulously crafted from the highest quality components to ensure superior recordings that live up to Lexicon’s standards of performance.
Superior recording are ensured across a wide dynamic range by driving a high-voltage supply o the preamps. Each model delivers a different level of recording capability. The U42S records four analog and two digital channels simultaneously while the U82S can record eight analog and two digital channels. No details on pricing or availability were given.
The I∙ONIX Desktop Recording Interfaces all include:
- USB 2.0 connection to the DAW, up to 480Mbps
- 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rates, 24-bit resolution
- Two, Four, or Eight analog ¼” and XLR combi-jack mic/line inputs
- Two analog TRS (Stereo Main) outputs
- dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic preamps on all analog inputs
- 48V phantom power for each input pair
- Input signal metering via 8 LED’s per channel
- Signal mixing and stereo bus signal metering
- Up to two 1/4” high output headphone connections
- Up to two Hi-Z instrument inputs
- Zero latency Direct/Playback monitoring
- Low latency ASIO drivers
- Pantheon II VST/AU reverb plug-in
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 and Toontrack EZdrummer Lite software packages
- Supports Windows® and Mac® platforms