Here's a little warning for all those slender Tablet PCs out there who refuse to eat their vegetables. If you're not careful, one day you'll get fat and stop being a portable computer any more - you'll have to sit on a table and suffer the indignity of being jabbed at by someone's chubby fingers whenever they want to be entertained.
The Register's hardware team took some time to comfort the HP TouchSmart IQ770, itself the main character in that torrid tale, to see how useful a touchscreen media PC could be. It's not underpowered by any means (specs after the cut), but with a 19-inch screen you wouldn't want it to be your sole media display.
- AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-52 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 320GB hard drive
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256MB graphics card
- NTSC TV tuner
- Over-the-air ATSC high-definition tuner
- 1.3 Megapixel camera
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Media Center Remote Control
- 19-inch widescreen LCD display