When we see laptops now-a-days, the general rule of thumb is that thinner is better. But, when you want a small bit of mobility with your gaming rig, that thinness gets dropped out the window. After all, if you want the same guts that go into a desktop, shoved into a frame like a laptop, you can't expect every miracle to be granted. In the case of Eurocom's Panter 2.0 mobile gaming station, just from the looks of it you're obviously getting quite the powerhouse.
The display is 17.3-inches, for the record. But, you have plenty of options to choose from here. You can go with the GTX 480M Fermi GPU, or with NVIDIA's Quadro 5000M. You can even ratchet up the CPU speeds all the way up to 3.33GHz (or more, if you really need to), thanks to the Intel Core i7-980X CPU. And, you need RAM, right? How does upwards of 24GB sound to you? Because you can make that happen, too.
If that doesn't sound good to you, and you're more of a fan of ATI's way of doing things, you can choose Mobility Radeon HD 5870 GPUs. The press release is ridiculously informative, so take a gander at that below for the full detail breakdown. However, there's no word on pricing, but we'll go ahead and assume that this is going to cost a bit more than a pretty penny.
Eurocom launches Panther 2.0 – the World's First Notebook with NVIDIA's SLI GeForce GTX 480M Fermi and ATi CrossFireX Radeon Mobility HD5870, 6-core Intel i7 980X Extreme and Xeon Processors, 3TB of storage with RAID 0,1,5, 10 for On-the-Go Workstation, Gaming or Server use.
Eurocom, the world's leading developer of highly personalized, high-performance notebook PCs and energy efficient All-in-One PCs, introduced the EUROCOM Panther 2.0 super notebook for Gaming, Workstation or Server use powered by NVIDIA SLI Fermi GPUs and Intel's line of 6-core i7-980x and Xeon 5600 series LGA1366 processors.
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 provides workstation and server-calibre capabilities with up to 3TB (Terabytes!) of storage with four internal physical hard drives and RAID 0/1/5/10, super-powerful 3.33 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-980X; or 3.33 GHz XEON X5680 processors running at 6.4GT/sec bus speed, Gigabit Ethernet port on-board (quad port optional), HDMI in and out ports, eSATA, DVi ports, with a 17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 LED backlit display and full size keyboard.
Featuring workstation-class or server-class Intel Core i7 Extreme or Xeon Processor and up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 memory, the EUROCOM Panther 2.0 also features the largest storage capacity on the market today – a whopping 3 TB with RAID 0/1/5/10 with four physical hard drives - making it the perfect mobile workstation or server laptop for users who demand extra-large capacity storage and reliability for a true portable server / workstation experience.
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 supports most of 64-bit operating systems available on the market from Microsoft Windows 7 or Server 2008 up to Red Hat; VMware or Solaris.
- 17.3-inch Full HD; 1920-by-1080 pixels; LED Backlit; Glossy Surface
- Upgradeable Processor: Intel i7-980X Extreme or Xeon 5500/5600; 4 and 6-cores; LGA1366; 32nm technology; 65W-130W
- Supports Intel's XTU (eXtreme Tuning Utility) and XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile) functions
- Upgradeable Graphics: MXM 3.0b; up to 100W per card; supports both single or dual GPU operation, and both CrossfireX and SLI; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M (Fermi); Quadro FX 2800M/FX 3800M/FX 5000M; ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870
- Storage: up to 4 physical drives (mechanical or SSD); RAID 0/1/5/10; over 3TB of storage
- Optical Drive: Choice of DVD Burner, Blu Ray Reader for Blu Ray Burner
- Card Reader: MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/SD/Mini-SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible/MMC/RSMMC
- Built in TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling function
- Five instant buttons: Volume Up/Down, Mute, WiFi On/Off, Bluetooth On/Off
- Sound System: High Definition Audio, S/PDIF output; Microphone; 5 speakers; subwoofer; Dolby Home Theater
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0; 3x USB 2.0; HDMI-in 1.4; HDMI-out; DVI-DL; eSata; IEEE1394b; S/PDIF; Headphone; Microphone; Audio Line-in; RJ-45; CATV-in
- Power: Auto Switching 300 Watts AC Adapter 100-240V; DC 20V 15A; Smart Li-Ion Battery 88.8WH; Battery time approx 1 hour
- Dimensions: WxDxH 419x286x56.5-60.7mm/16.76x11.44x2.26-2.43inch
- Weight: 5.3kg/11.66lbs including battery and ODD
Driving the system is the 6-core Intel 3.33GHz Extreme Edition i7-980X processor with bus speeds of up to 6.4GT/sec and 8MB of L3 cache, which delivers exceptional multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. It also supports the newest line of Intel Core i7 Xeon 6-cores processors X5600 series.
The following Processors are supported:
- 2.80 GHz; i7-930 Intel Core i7 Processor; 4-Cores 8-Threads; 8MB cache; 4.8GT/s; LGA1366; 32nm; 130W
- 3.20 GHz; i7-970 Intel Core i7 Processor; 6-cores 12-threads; 12MB cache; 4.8GT/s; LGA1366; 32nm; 130W
- 3.20 GHz; i7-960 Intel Core i7 Processor; 4-cores 8-threads; 8MB cache; 4.8GT/s; LGA1366; 45nm; 130W
- 3.33 GHz i7-980X Intel Core i7 Extreme; 6-cores; 8MB L3; 6.4GT/s; LGA1366; 32nm; 130W
- 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon X5650 Processor; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; LGA1366; 32nm; 95W
- 2.80 GHz Intel Xeon X5660 Processor; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; LGA1366; 32nm; 95W
- 2.93 GHz Intel Xeon X5670 Processor; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; LGA1366; 32nm; 95W
- 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon Processor X5680; 6-cores; 12MB L3 cache; 6.4GT/s; QPI=2; LGA1366; 32nm; 130W
- 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon Processor W3680; 6-cores; 12MB L3; 6.4GT/s; QPI=1; LGA1366; 32nm; 130W
The EUROCOM Panther 2.0, which measures 15.8" x 11.9" x 2.05" and weights under 12lbs, also supplies tremendous SATA-300 storage (up to 3TB using four drives). Customers may also choose between RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for the ultimate transfer rates and application load times or redundancy.
"It's a server or workstation-calibre computer complete with built-in Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) in a 12 pound notebook form factor," said Mark Bialic, President of Eurocom. "This is one extremely fast notebook that offers server or workstation calibre capabilities. It is designed to replace traditional desktop based workstations. It offers incredibly high ROI by allowing companies to be more productive and offer new "on the go" CAD/CAM services while greatly reducing overall IT management costs".
EUROCOM WORKSTATION-CLASS NOTEBOOKS
Mobile Workstation is a new category of workstation-class notebooks designed to replace a desktop-based workstation for a professional user. With unrivalled power, unsurpassed features and portability, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop Replacement notebook.
With the release of mobile workstations, Eurocom has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement by combining workstation like features, power and flexibility with desktop replacement technology.
Mobile Workstation is the most powerful notebook on the market. Featuring the most innovative computer technologies; they are engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and serviceability. As a single computing solution, mobile workstation provides a perfect alternative to a traditional workstation class desktop computer system.
EUROCOM mobile workstations are designed specifically for high-end professional and graphics users demanding maximum performance and power when running professional applications such as CAD/CAM/CAE, 3D animation, 3D simulation, engineering, financial simulations, math, forensic, 3D imaging, mapping and charting, satellite image processing, GIS, or medical software, or graphics work.
Key Benefits of Mobile Workstations
- Reduced IT Management costs (one piece of equipment to move around)
- Improved Productivity (anytime, anywhere)
- Increased Revenue Growth (allows introduction of new services, i.e. CAD/CAM/CAE consulting/training on-the-go)
- Improved reliability of data (internal battery = built-in UPS)
- Reduced equipment cost (single computer solution)
- Reduced litigation costs due to intellectual properties rights (out-of-the office consulting)
Specific Vertical Markets:
- Aerospace (CAM/CAE/CAD)
- Education (Departments of Architecture, Engineering, Geography, Animation, Video Production; GIS)
- Financial sector
- Forensic (i.e. FBI Criminal Labs)
- Governments (Department of Fisheries and Oceans; Army; Navy; Public Works/Engineering; GIS)
- Military (Mapping, Charting, Imaging, Navigation)
- Medical (Imaging)
- Software Development (Databases, CRM, Operating)
Mobile workstations feature the most advanced computer technology, such as:
- High-performance Processors: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition or XEON processors
- 64-bit hardware and multiple operating systems support (Windows Pro 64, Vista64, Server2008, Red Hat)
- 24 GB of high performance memory,
- up to 3TB of storage with multiple high performance SATA-300 hard drives
- RAID 0/1/5/10 for extra performance, data redundancy or automatic backups
- High performance VGA graphics including NVIDIA's SLI GTX 480M, Quadro FX 3800M and FX 5000M or ATi's CrossfireX HD5870
- Up to 4GB of video and the fastest graphics SLI
- Large displays (17.3" or 18.4") in a portable form factor
- Blu Ray and DVD Burning-on the-Go
- High Performance 1 Gigabit LAN on-board and support for 2nd 1Gigabit LAN interface
- 102-key desktop-like full size keyboards with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: USB 2.0/3.0 ports, FireWire ports, HDMI in/out ports; DVI Dual Link ports for multiple external monitors, S-Video In ports for digital video cameras, media card readers, Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
- Excellent Wireless: internal up to 450Mbps WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
- Internal battery allows uninterrupted operation in case of power failure.
- Excellent Surround Sound System with SRS WOW technology
- Optional internal TV Tuner for Digital and/or Analog Video Input
EUROCOM MOBILE SERVER NOTEBOOK TECHNOLOGY
Mobile Server is a new category of notebooks designed with a professional user in mind. Software and/or database developers, training centers, military personnel, emergency relief organizations and service organizations who must frequently travel, yet need access to powerful computing, are the core target for Mobile Servers.
With unrivaled power, unsurpassed features and unmatched style, the Mobile Servers are the ultimate extension of the Eurocom Mobile Workstation notebook technology.
With the release of mobile servers, Eurocom has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement and workstation by combining server like features, power, reliability and flexibility with desktop replacement technology. Mobile Server is the most powerful notebook on the market. It is engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and latest computing technology.
Mobile Server features the most innovative and stable computer technologies available on the market such as the fastest processors, x64 Operating Systems, the most advanced VGA technology, multiple optical drives and multiple Hard Drives offering RAID 0/1/5/10, large displays and full size 102-key keyboards Eurocom Mobile Server – key specifications Eurocom mobile servers are designed specifically for IT professionals and software developers demanding All-in-One server capabilities within maximum performance and power when running and/or testing professional applications such as databases, CRM, etc.
Mobile Servers feature the most advanced computer technology, such as:
- High-performance upgradeable 64-bit 4-and 6-core Intel XEON processors
- Fully 64-bit compliant hardware
- 24 GB or more of high performance memory,
- Large capacity, high performance, redundant storage with RAID 0/1/5/10, four physical hard drives and up to 3TB of storage
- On-Board 1Gigabit Ethernet; 2nd NIC (Fiber, Quad) available via ExpressCard slot or Expansion Box
- Internal 17.3-inch LED backlit display
- Internal built-in battery; 1 hour of battery backup in case of power failure
- High capacity optical Re-writable Blu Ray drive storage, perfect data backup
- Long lifespan
- Built-in 102-key desktop-like full size keyboard with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: 1Gigabit Ethernet LAN; 4 USB 2.0, FireWire, serial and parallel ports, CRT and DVI-D for 2 external displays. Optional 2nd Gigabit Ethernet is available via PC Express slot.
- Wireless: Built-in WLAN 802.11a/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
Full Upgradeability and Full Customization EUROCOM mobile workstations and servers are built on a customized basis so that users can select the individual configurations they require. EUROCOM systems offer stylish all-in-one design, superb performance, upgradeability and the latest computing technology. All EUROCOM mobile servers are fully upgradeable including Hard Drive(s), memory, optical drives, processors and graphics to prolong their lifespan.
Eurocom is the world's leading developer of portable computing technology, highly customized, high-performance notebook PCs. The company was founded on the belief that it could revolutionize the PC world with Desktop Replacement Technology, its designs and advanced engineering techniques typically unseen in the computer industry.
The company has produced many firsts, such as manufacturing the world's first notebook with a 3.5-inch desktop hard drive, 102-keys full-size keyboard, upgradeable notebook VGA technology, integrating RAID 0,1,5, 10 technologies into the notebook or incorporating desktop processors into a notebook designs. .
Eurocom continues to engineer well-balanced, state-of-the-art machines that inspire and enable individuals to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom or to customize a machine, visit www.eurocom.com.
Intel, NVIDIA and ATi are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation, Nvidia Corporation and AMD respectively in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.