Sling Media have released the official SlingPlayer Mobile app for BlackBerry, which allows RIM smartphone users to stream content from their Slingbox directly to their handset. As well as watching streams, users are also able to add and edit Slingboxes and Channel Favorites directly from the mobile app.
The BlackBerry SlingPlayer Mobile application was launched as a beta release at the end of last year. Downloads until now have been free; however this official release is priced at $29.99 with a 30-day free trial.
Both 3G and WiFi connections are supported, and there are settings which allow for low-bandwidth streaming. BlackBerry users can download the SlingPlayer Mobile client from http://mobile.slingmedia.com/ directly in their smartphone browser.
- BlackBerry Bold from AT&T
- BlackBerry Curve 8900 from T-Mobile*
- BlackBerry 8820 from AT&T*
- BlackBerry Curve 8320 from AT&T*
- BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile*
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 from T-Mobile*
- BlackBerry Pearl 8120 from AT&T*
- BlackBerry Curve 8350i from Sprint Nextel*
* Supported by SlingPlayer Mobile when used with Wi-Fi connection.