Apple is pushing out a new iOS update, 5.1.1. The new update is said to contain minor bug fixes and improvements, and is currently rolling out via iTunes as well as the Software Update/Over the Air function for iOS devices. The changelog lists several changes, including a HDR bug fix, 2G/3G issue for the new iPad, AirPlay fixes, and a purchase issue on the App Store.
The full details for iOS 5.1.1 as listed in the changelog are as follows:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where “Unable to purchase” alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Our iPhone 4S is currently running 5.0.1, so the update is around 189MB, but for those running 5.1 the update comes in at around 55MB. The update is rolling out right now, so go ahead and grab it. If you’re trying to retain a jailbreak, we recommend you hold off for now until the Dev Team recommends otherwise.